I called the bottom in 2009, and today…

The Crisis & Opportunity Investment Summit

Dear Reader,

In March 2009, I was working in Manhattan at my investment advisory firm and writing newsletters. At the time, I was also a regular guest on Fox Business prior to signing a contract with the network.

You would think all things in my work life were good. I was busy doing what I love and had multiple streams of income. However, everything that I did – including in my free time – revolved around the stock market.

Heading into that month, the S&P 500 had lost over half its value, and there appeared to be no end in sight. Nearly everyone had given up on stocks… and investing in general. The bears and doomsdayers were everywhere. You could not turn on the TV, open the internet, or read a newspaper without hearing about “the end of Wall Street.”

Headlines

Against this backdrop, my contrarian view on investing hit its peak during the first week of that March. I realized some companies would go bankrupt – but at the same time, if I followed a smart bear-market roadmap, there was an opportunity to buy good stocks at prices I knew we may never see again.

That is why I went on Fox Business on March 6, 2009 and unveiled my Andrew Jackson Portfolio.

The portfolio consisted of nine stocks. You could have bought one share of each company and it would have cost you less than $20 in total! I called it my Andrew Jackson Portfolio because America’s seventh president dons the front side of the $20 bill.

A few things happened that day. For starters, I was laughed at and ridiculed by many of my peers who believed stocks would continue to fall. Also, the S&P 500 hit an intraday low of 666. That was the absolute bottom of the 2008-2009 financial crisis pullback.

I told viewers that of those nine stocks, there was a good chance a couple could go bankrupt and all would be lost. Even with that possibility, the upside potential of the group as a whole was too good to overlook.

The nine-stock Andrew Jackson Portfolio was up 721% as of February 19 – that is over 8X the original investment! By tossing as little as $20 into some true bargains, you’d have easily beaten the S&P 500 and most money managers and hedge funds. That’s the sort of approach I’ll be showing you again in the free webinar on Wednesday, April 1 – Part 2 of my Crisis & Opportunity Investment Summit.

What makes the Andrew Jackson Portfolio return even more impressive is that two of the nine stocks did go bankrupt!

There was a lot of luck involved in that the day I launched the Andrew Jackson Portfolio was the very day stocks found a low. I couldn’t have predicted the exact bottom or the exact day. However, I did see mass panic, and after endless research I realized that betting on the United States and on the fortitude of its people was a high-reward and low-risk strategy.

I feel the same today. The panic that has swept not only the nation but the world is unprecedented. People are sheltering in their homes, buying toilet paper like it’s gold, pulling cash from ATMs, buying up enough ammo for a small war, and selling all stocks regardless of the company.

This has created opportunities today that we may never see again. So we must act fast.

For example, I talked about Boeing (BA) in my MoneyLine podcast on Friday, March 20, when the stock closed the week at $95.01. Today the stock is over $150 – a gain of 58%.

While you may have missed Boeing last week, I am sure some of my thousands of listeners were buying shares. And it is not too late. My list of stocks to buy is growing by the minute.

That is why I am going to sit down once again and discuss my road map of how to play this market on Wednesday.

I will also reveal my most important portfolio since the Andrew Jackson Portfolio 11 years ago.

I’m calling this one the Crisis & Opportunity Portfolio. And I am even going to give away one of the stocks for free that night. This stock is perfectly positioned to climb 1,000% or more over the next few years. Wednesday will be the first time I’ve shared it.

I know it is hard to fathom buying stocks when the headlines create panic and fear. I know it is hard to even think about stocks when you are worried about your health and the health of others around you.

I get it. But we will get past this, and life and business will get back to normal. When it does, you will once again be looking at your portfolio. It would be nice to be able to look back and know you bought into quality stocks selling at discounts you may never see again.

I look forward to seeing you this Wednesday, April 1 at 7 p.m. ET!

Signed:
Matt


MANAGE YOUR INVESTORPLACE ACCOUNT:

We hope this timely investing advice is valuable to you. As you know the markets move fast and conditions change frequently. So please check the current issue for the most recent advice.

To make sure you received the most recent updates, please tell us if your email has changed by emailing us at feedback@investorplace.com.

Go here to manage your email preferences.

InvestorPlace Media, LLC. 9201 Corporate Blvd, Suite 200 Rockville, MD 20850

If you have any questions call 1-800-219-8592.

Copyright © 2020 InvestorPlace Media, LLC.

All rights reserved.


Please note that we cannot be liable for any missed bulletins caused by overzealous filters. To ensure that you continue to receive this valuable part of your service please take a moment to add (MattMcCall@exct.Investorplace.com) to your address book. Go here for instructions: http://www.investorplace .com/whitelist.html?eml=MattMcCall@exct.Investorplace.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can the S&P Surge 20%?

The Most Loved AI Stock Is About to Crash & Burn ❤️‍🔥